Family Memories....
Day 34
I loved snow days growing up! It was always so cozy staying home with the fireplace going and getting special snacks and napping all day. It was so pretty outside and fun to go out and play.
We had a big hill on our street that we could go sledding on. My next door neighbor was in the same grade as me and a great playmate. We would build snowmen and make snow angels. My mom would make hot chocolate when we went inside to warm us up.
The Blizzard in 1975 (I think) was a little bit different. I was so disappointed by the snow. I had slumber party planned on this day and it got cancelled. I was so upset. The next day was fun! I went outside and helped my daddy clear all the snow. Well, I actually played while he worked. It was fun and my party got rescheduled so it was all good.
![]() |
| Me and my daddy |
![]() |
| My daddy |
![]() |
| My daddy |
![]() |
| Drifts |




It was 1975. I have photos somewhere also.
ReplyDeleteI so remember that storm. We found a poor frozen pheasant under my car when we dug it out. :0(
ReplyDeleteThere was a ton of snow and the city was shut down for several days.Chrissy
I remember that storm too! That was a metric shitload of snow. We need to get a snowstorm like that down here in Texas every now and then. The kids are all so excited when we do get a little each year.
ReplyDelete