Thursday, August 22, 2013


Family Memories....

Day 32

A bittersweet memory...

When I was young we took a little trip to North Platte to go fishing. I love to fish!

I didn't know how to swim though. I was very timid around water. I am not sure why, I guess it's in my nature to be afraid of everything. Weird...

My mom and dad thought if they threw me in the lake I would somehow know what to do and swim. You can only imagine it didn't work out this way. Down I went, my daddy was in the water the entire time and got me out but oh Lord! I was afraid of water for years after this!

I finally took swimming lessons when I was a little older and I'm not permanently scared! I can swim now. Parents!

We did catch a lot of fish!

Daddy right before my mom tossed me in.

Our fish!

Little cafe we ate at.

Where we stayed.

2 comments:

  1. It was just tough love, honey. It sounds like you had a good time otherwise!

    I will now prove that I am not a robot and fill out the "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart" known fondly by its acronym. Here we go...

    ReplyDelete