Sunday, August 18, 2013


Family Memories....

Day 28

When my mom was growing up she said her family vacations were some of her best memories. They took a trip every year and they always drove. She liked this because things were never completely planned. If they saw something interesting they would stop and look.

They really enjoyed going to Estes Park. It seems they were a little more adventurous than what I would be. I have attached a few pictures of my grandparents, my mom and her brother feeding bears! Yep, real live bears! Crazy!

My mom would tell me it was okay because they were baby bears. I am thinking there was a mommy and daddy bear close by. They survived it and I guess there aren't too many people that can say they fed bears with their parents. 

Nanny and my mom

Buddy Boy

Buddy Boy and my mom

Buddy Boy, my mom and mom's brother Bob.




4 comments:

  1. Those bears in the last photos are NOT baby bears. They're full-grown black bears - and yet, your family still had all their fingers. Scary!

    ReplyDelete