Family Memories....
Day 13
Nanny loved Christmas time! She baked all kinds of goodies and she would make trays and pass them out to friends and family. She made the best cookies ever! She was so patient that each cookie was absolutely beautiful. I loved her little spritz wreaths. They were green with little red bows and berries. They were crunchy but sweet. I can't make these...nanny had a magical touch.
She always made a gingerbread house too! The old-fashioned way. She baked the ginger bread and put the house together and decorated the entire house. It was always so pretty. My uncle and I would sit right next to her, so we could sneak the candy. She would decorate her house... it was always so festive. She was such a happy person. I think Nanny is probably the reason I love Christmas so much.
Buddy Boy and Nanny did little things to make it fun too. They would always take a little gift and hide it in the Christmas tree. One for me and one for Billy. Usually on Christmas Eve, we would have to search the tree looking for our little box. This wasn't always an easy task because oh boy, did Nanny love tinsel! Lots of tinsel! It was something fun to look forward to each year.
![]() |
| Nanny and Buddy Boy's Christmas tree |

No comments:
Post a Comment