Tuesday, August 13, 2013



Family Memories....

Day 24

I met John the summer of 1989.  One of my best friends, that I have known since elementary school wanted me to go to a pool party at Thomasville apartments with her. I really didn't want to go. She really wanted to go and I finally told her I would but just for a little bit.

When we arrived at the pool party she knew a group of people I didn't know because we went to different high schools. She went to South and I went to North. Well, in that group of people was my honey. He kept asking me to dance and kept my drink full. We danced and danced. My shoe kept falling off, which we both seemed to think was quite funny...might have been the drinks.

He was really sweet and my friend kept telling me he was a great guy. We talked and laughed for hours and we had so much in common. I knew at this moment he was a keeper. I remember telling my parents, this is the guy I am going to marry...here we are today, happily married.

John felt the same way and we got engaged pretty fast (5 months) but we waited to get married. We got married June 14, 1991.

The night John proposed I wasn't feeling very good. I almost cancelled going out but I knew he was taking me out to a fancy restaurant but I had no idea he was going to propose! He took me to a little french restaurant in Rockbrook, which is no longer there. He got down on his knee the old-fashioned way and said a little poem about becoming his wife. I, of course said yes! It was all so romantic just like the movies!

My parents loved John just like their own son. They were so proud of him and so happy I found someone that would treat me so well and love me unconditionally.

I am very blessed to have John in my life and have all our amazing kiddos. He is a wonderful husband and an awesome father! He treats me like a queen and I know he would do anything for me. It's a nice feeling to know he loves me the way he does. I never doubt his love for me because I can feel it. It's pretty nice to have this and I love him right back. 

He is my best-friend...my soul-mate.

Night John proposed

Dating

2 comments:

  1. We both had big hair in those days!

    It seems like it was just a few moments ago. I could not believe someone as beautiful on the inside and outside would fall for me. I pinch myself on a regular basis to check and see if it's all a dream. I am luckier than any guy in the world! I love you with all my heart.....and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you with all my heart too!

    ReplyDelete