Family Memories....
Day 42
When Amanda was a baby John's parents always told us that Amanda looked just like John's grandma (on his dad's side) when she was a baby. I never had an opportunity to meet her. She died before we got married. She sounds like an amazing woman. Very loving and sweet. The family speaks very highly of her and I have heard many stories over the years about her. I wish I could have known her.
![]() |
| Georgie |
![]() |
| Amanda |


There's an amazing resemblance, isn't there? You would have liked Mom, it makes me a little sad that you missed crossing paths by only a couple of years.
ReplyDeleteYes, there sure is. Makes me a little sad too.
ReplyDeleteThey do look exactly the same! It will be interesting to see her later in life, and to compare pictures again. :) My grandmother was one of the sweetest people ever. She would have loved you.
ReplyDeleteI have great memories of going to Virden to have fun at Grandma Cox's house. I can remember the smell of the house as I'm typing this. There were so many things to explore and it was a very happy time for me. I liked the little barrel bank, the furnace vent in the bathroom, the needlepoint chair by the front door, even the stairs going down to the basement. Kids remember the funniest things. I remember we would show up in the middle of the night and grandma would get us all tucked in after our long trip from Omaha. She was a cool grandma. She let me take the trash out to the burn barrel and even let me get the fire going. I really miss her.
ReplyDelete