Family Memories...
Day 2
My grandpa AKA Buddy Boy was a funny guy but very strict. He was a ruler follower and did everything by the book! He was such a story teller and did not like to be interrupted. I would want to add something to his story but I didn't dare, nobody did. His stories were so long that by the end of the story, what I wanted to say wasn't even appropriate any longer lol.
Both of grandparents called me Babe. Never anything else and I loved this. It was very special, something just for me. I called them Gram and Gramp in my younger days but my kiddos renamed them Nanny and Buddy Boy and it stuck. We all called them nanny and buddy boy and still do today.
Buddy boy loved my kiddos so much! He only met my first four. He would sing to them and he loved patting them on the butt. I always thought he was patting way too hard but they didn't cry, as a matter of fact they smiled so big!
Buddy boy was a lecturer too. He gave me a really long lecture about how he thought it was silly to run out of gas. He said we all have a gas gauge... check it and keep it full. Well, this is embedded in my head and I hear those words often and I have never ran out of gas. If I did, I honestly think I would hear him from heaven!
One thing my grandpa always did was thank my grandma for dinner. Every night he would say "Good dinner Lois" I always thought this was sweet. My husband says this to me now and it's not "Good dinner Jodi." He actually says to me "Good dinner Lois." lol
My grandpa took a hot shower every-night before dinner and would make a huge announcement when he came downstairs that he was the cleanest person in the house.
I loved being at my grandparents house. My uncle is only 11 months older than me, so I had someone to play with and my grandparents were two of
my favorite people. It was such a loving and peaceful place to be.
My grandfather was a good man, sometimes a little misunderstood but a good man.
Day 2
My grandpa AKA Buddy Boy was a funny guy but very strict. He was a ruler follower and did everything by the book! He was such a story teller and did not like to be interrupted. I would want to add something to his story but I didn't dare, nobody did. His stories were so long that by the end of the story, what I wanted to say wasn't even appropriate any longer lol.
Both of grandparents called me Babe. Never anything else and I loved this. It was very special, something just for me. I called them Gram and Gramp in my younger days but my kiddos renamed them Nanny and Buddy Boy and it stuck. We all called them nanny and buddy boy and still do today.
Buddy boy loved my kiddos so much! He only met my first four. He would sing to them and he loved patting them on the butt. I always thought he was patting way too hard but they didn't cry, as a matter of fact they smiled so big!
Buddy boy was a lecturer too. He gave me a really long lecture about how he thought it was silly to run out of gas. He said we all have a gas gauge... check it and keep it full. Well, this is embedded in my head and I hear those words often and I have never ran out of gas. If I did, I honestly think I would hear him from heaven!
One thing my grandpa always did was thank my grandma for dinner. Every night he would say "Good dinner Lois" I always thought this was sweet. My husband says this to me now and it's not "Good dinner Jodi." He actually says to me "Good dinner Lois." lol
My grandpa took a hot shower every-night before dinner and would make a huge announcement when he came downstairs that he was the cleanest person in the house.
I loved being at my grandparents house. My uncle is only 11 months older than me, so I had someone to play with and my grandparents were two of
my favorite people. It was such a loving and peaceful place to be.
My grandfather was a good man, sometimes a little misunderstood but a good man.
![]() |
| Buddy Boy |
![]() |
| Buddy Boy |
![]() |
| Me, Buddy Boy, Nanny, Timothy, Johnathon, Thomas, Amanda |



Buddy Boy always made me laugh. I was really impressed with his OCD tool collection in the basement. It was a sight to see everything in its well thought-out place. I hope I get slippers for my birthday and Christmas this year!
ReplyDeleteHe did have a nice collection. He was a very funny guy and the kids loved him!
ReplyDelete