Monday, July 29, 2013

Memorial Quilt...

My high school science teacher and I have been in touch through facebook for awhile now. She is a very dear friend and has been there for me since both of my parents have passed away. She has really brought a Sparkle to each day. That is what I call her now...Sparkle.

We share a family memory each day with each other and this where I came up with the idea for my blog. It has been very therapeutic for me. I love hearing her stories too. It's amazing how much our families have in common. I hope everyone is as lucky as I am to have such kind, caring friend. I am blessed.

She offered to make me a memorial quilt out of my parents and grandparents clothing. I mailed her a big box and she started working away. She would message me everyday giving me quilt updates but not revealing any specifics because she wanted it to be a surprise when I received it.

It arrived today. It is beautiful and I love the fact that such a special person made such a special gift, out of such special fabric. I have so many fond memories of the clothing that is in the quilt and she even put a square in the quilt out of her fabric. I was in tears and smiling at the same time. 

She had a theme. My mom made the center piece, so Sparkle decided that she was going to go with a flower theme for each piece she cut. It is dimensional too. It's just lovely!


 










2 comments: