Thursday, July 25, 2013

Family Memories.....

Day 5

Missing my daddy today. 

My dad would always call me at least 10 times a day. He never really have a lot to say and wouldn't stay on the phone long but he called a lot.

He would call and tell me about the grocery ads, about something new they were building in Frisco, ask about my day, see what the kids were doing, ask me what I was making for dinner or ask me about John's work schedule. What I wouldn't do today to have one of these calls.

My daddy was great. He was such a loving father. So proud of me and all my kids. He loved to tell people all about us. He did have an Italian temper but as he got older we saw a lot less of this. He was much more like a teddy-bear.

All my kiddos loved him to pieces. He had such a great sense of humor. He was always joking around and playing silly tricks on people. He was a lot like my mom when it came to family...it was the most important thing to him.

He loved handmade gifts or gifts that had a lot of thought in them. He loved it when I would pick out an art piece the kids had made and have it framed for him. He was so proud to display these pieces.

I miss my daddy so much and I miss the love he showered us in.


Me and my daddy

Me and my daddy

Papa, Amanda, Johnathon and Thomas

Mini me and my daddy

Papa

Papa and Lainie

2 comments:

  1. Your dad had a really, really big heart and I know he's looking down on us....and smiling....every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he is. I miss him and my mom so much!

    ReplyDelete