Friday, July 26, 2013


Family Memories....

Day 6

I think I will talk about my mom today. It's hard for me to talk about my mom, because the day I lost my mom, I lost my best friend too. My mom was an amazing woman.

The most important thing to my mom was her family. She would refer to me as "my Jodi." I am not sure if we were so close because I was an only child or if we would have been close anyway. My mom would do anything for me and there wasn't a day that went by she didn't say I love you to me.

She had a hard personality for some people to understand. She was very outspoken and pretty much called it as she saw it. She didn't care if you liked what she had to say or not. She told the truth, even if it meant hurting your feelings a little bit. She ruffled my feathers from time to time but I loved her dearly. She was a lot like my grandpa, a little misunderstood. She had a huge heart once you got to know her. Underneath her toughness, she was very sensitive and she cried very easily. I think she saved most of her tears for me and my dad. She had to keep her tough image for everyone else.

She didn't have a huge amount of friends but the friends she did have were like family to her. She had a way of making everyone feel as if they were her favorite. I really realized this right before she died because I heard a few people telling her I know I was your favorite and at this time she could no longer talk, so she would just smile. I think it's sweet that she loved people so strongly that she made them feel this way but I know she love loved me best.

She was our family peacemaker. If there was any tension within the family everyone would call mom to fix it because people knew she would be brutally honest and she didn't mind talking to people to fix things. She had a way about her and could smooth things over. This is something everyone said they are going to miss...she kept the family bonded together.

She was very strict when I was young and growing up. She was my mom and the enforcer of manners, respect and following the rules. It wasn't until I was older that she became my friend. Probably, high school. She loved most of my friends too and they loved her back.

I really miss all her daily compliments. She was very proud of me and my family and she let me know everyday. I miss this. I miss our daily talks and all her advice. I shared everything with her. We all miss her smile and words of encouragement. 


Me and my mom

Me and my mom

Me and my mom

Mommit and Ella

Mommit and Aaron

Mommit and Johnathon

Mommit and Amanda

My mom with John Micheal, Billy and Little Bill

Me with my mom and daddy

Me with my mom and daddy

My mom

My mom

My mom

2 comments:

  1. She was definitely a character! It's hard to believe your parents are no longer with us...but they actually are, of course.

    ReplyDelete