Family Memories...
Day 8
Only a mothers love....
It was my mom's birthday and she loved chocolate pie and wacky cake. She never wanted anything purchased from the store. This particular year, she requested a chocolate pie, which I made a million times but I always use instant chocolate pudding. Mom always used the cook and serve, so I thought to myself it's her birthday, I will use the cook and serve and that I did.
Well, John put it in the refrigerator to cool it down before we added it to the pie crust and we left it in too long. It set up too much, so we couldn't pour into the pie crusts.
John and I decided we would beat it a little to fluff it up, so we could pour it into the pie crusts. It worked. We poured the pudding into the crusts and put the two pies back in the refrigerator and brought them out later for the party.
We sang Happy Birthday and opened the party gifts and it was time for the pie. We went to cut the pies and they were like soup! We couldn't cut the pie into pieces.
Only my mom would say "this great I get the entire pie for myself!" She sat and ate several bites of the pie...I am sure just to be polite.
She knew I tried.
![]() |
| Mommit and Johnathon |
![]() |
| My mom |
I love you, Mom!


Too funny :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, that was a pretty bad idea... but it tasted good and you mom really liked it! Chocolate Soup Pie.
ReplyDeleteShe didn't seem to mind!
ReplyDelete