It's been a long time....
Well, a lot has happened since my last post but I am going to start by sharing my mom's diagnosis with cancer in August 2012. She was diagnosed with stage 3B lung cancer. My dad didn't do well with this. He struggled and lived in fear of losing mom for months. My mom had part of her right lung removed in September 2012 and suffered from delirium after the surgery. This lasted about two weeks. She then started radiation and chemotherapy.
My dad quit taking all his medication for his heart condition and started getting the house ready. He would clean and throw things away daily. He was gifting all his treasures. On January 7, 2013 he passed away. It was a very sad time for our family.
I was at home and received a call from mom and she said my dad was going to the hospital. I didn't worry too much at this point because he was often picked up by ambulance and taken to the hospital. Then my mom told me they were actually performing CPR on him and I knew at this point things were not good. I told her I was on my way.
We went to the hospital and they were unable to save my dad. My mom really started struggling after his death. She felt really alone and was struggling with her cancer. A short time after my daddy passing away my mom was involved in two car accidents and she had to quit driving. We spoke to the doctors because we thought the cancer may have spread to her brain. They did an MRI and it in fact had spread.
We met with the brain surgeon and he said the tumors were in a good location and he could remove them. She was scheduled for brain surgery but passed away just a few days before the surgery. April 18, 2013 she died from pneumonia. Prior to her surgery a close family friend, Betty came and stayed with mom for a week. This was such a blessing and mom was so happy! I will always be grateful that mom had such a loving friend to help take care of her.
We were all there with mom when she passed away and she died very peacefully in my arms. Although, I miss them both terribly, I am glad mom and dad are together again.
We had my daddy's funeral on Cassandra's birthday (same day she died) January 19, 2013. It was a beautiful service. A lot of my dad's close friends and family came to support our family. Timothy made us all a wonderful dinner after the service and we all shared stories. It was sad but lovely.
Mom's funeral was on April 27, 2013. Again, it was a lovely service and I think she would have been pleased. We did everything just like daddy's funeral. We had the service, we sent balloons to heaven and had a luncheon at the church. We had all our family and friends over for dinner and to spend some time together.
Little Lucy lives with us now and she is adjusting to all the craziness of a big family and crazy kids. She is doing great!
I miss my mom and daddy so much. There isn't one day that goes by that I don't think about them and wish I could hear their voice and give them a big hug. They will be forever in my heart.
Well, a lot has happened since my last post but I am going to start by sharing my mom's diagnosis with cancer in August 2012. She was diagnosed with stage 3B lung cancer. My dad didn't do well with this. He struggled and lived in fear of losing mom for months. My mom had part of her right lung removed in September 2012 and suffered from delirium after the surgery. This lasted about two weeks. She then started radiation and chemotherapy.
My dad quit taking all his medication for his heart condition and started getting the house ready. He would clean and throw things away daily. He was gifting all his treasures. On January 7, 2013 he passed away. It was a very sad time for our family.
I was at home and received a call from mom and she said my dad was going to the hospital. I didn't worry too much at this point because he was often picked up by ambulance and taken to the hospital. Then my mom told me they were actually performing CPR on him and I knew at this point things were not good. I told her I was on my way.
We went to the hospital and they were unable to save my dad. My mom really started struggling after his death. She felt really alone and was struggling with her cancer. A short time after my daddy passing away my mom was involved in two car accidents and she had to quit driving. We spoke to the doctors because we thought the cancer may have spread to her brain. They did an MRI and it in fact had spread.
We met with the brain surgeon and he said the tumors were in a good location and he could remove them. She was scheduled for brain surgery but passed away just a few days before the surgery. April 18, 2013 she died from pneumonia. Prior to her surgery a close family friend, Betty came and stayed with mom for a week. This was such a blessing and mom was so happy! I will always be grateful that mom had such a loving friend to help take care of her.
We were all there with mom when she passed away and she died very peacefully in my arms. Although, I miss them both terribly, I am glad mom and dad are together again.
We had my daddy's funeral on Cassandra's birthday (same day she died) January 19, 2013. It was a beautiful service. A lot of my dad's close friends and family came to support our family. Timothy made us all a wonderful dinner after the service and we all shared stories. It was sad but lovely.
Mom's funeral was on April 27, 2013. Again, it was a lovely service and I think she would have been pleased. We did everything just like daddy's funeral. We had the service, we sent balloons to heaven and had a luncheon at the church. We had all our family and friends over for dinner and to spend some time together.
Little Lucy lives with us now and she is adjusting to all the craziness of a big family and crazy kids. She is doing great!
I miss my mom and daddy so much. There isn't one day that goes by that I don't think about them and wish I could hear their voice and give them a big hug. They will be forever in my heart.
![]() |
| Papa |
![]() |
| Mommit |


No comments:
Post a Comment