Sunday, October 6, 2013

Family Memories

Day 74

John Wayne was Buddy-boys favorite! He had a John Wayne plate collection and other memorabilia. My cousin has the plate collection now. John has a John Wayne whiskey bottle that was buddy-boys. I was hoping it would sell in the estate sale because I knew John would take it if it didn't. I considered hiding it, so he wouldn't see it. It didn't sell and yes, we have it here. It still has the original whiskey in it...nasty! If I did actually drink it wouldn't be whiskey.

I am really not much of drinker now but in my younger days I drank rum and coke. I usually ordered Bacardi and coke. I thought I could tell the difference...ya right. When we were young most of us had fake ID's to get into the bars.

I remember my senior year I had a job at Payless Cashways and after work a group of us went to the Observatory Lounge next door to have a few a drinks. We were all sitting around laughing, having a great time. The bartender brought over a pitcher of beer and said it was from the gentleman sitting at the bar, so we looked up to see who it was...it was my dad. ooops! I went and sat next to him, not knowing what to expect. He was pretty cool. He said I could stay with my friends and not to tell mom. 

She did find out over the years...not sure when. It is one of our family stories, the kind that never go away.

I really miss my daddy.

Buddy-boys John Wayne bottle



2 comments:

  1. That is a classic story! I love the bottle and the booze smells really nice. Yummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my daddy was still here to share this story. I still don't like the John Wayne bottle. ;)

    ReplyDelete