Day One:
I sat in the bathroom with Lainie for a long time.....we read, we talked, we giggled and no potty. Lainie insisted she didn't need to go so we talked about about how she would tell mommy if she needed to go so she could keep her pretty panties clean and dry. With her incredibly big smile she agreed. So you would think after having potty trained 5 other children I wouldn't have fallen for this. This is how it went for the duration of the day. She would potty in her pants and she would come get me and show me where the puddle was so I could clean it up and put fresh dry panties on, with the same discussion each time. No success on day one.
Day two:
I sat in the bathroom with Lainie and again we read, we talked, we giggled and no potty. With the same big smile she agreed she would tell mommy if she had to go potty. Well, she did a little better this time she now sits on her potty stool to go but does it with her pants on. On the bright-side I didn't have any puddles to clean but I did have to change her pants each time and we had our same little talk that she needs to tell mommy before she gets her pants wet.
I am hoping on day three we will have better results.
No comments:
Post a Comment