Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Life is Good

We had a very nice and quiet spring break. We really didn't do much. Amanda did a a lot of socializing and Aaron went to horse camp, which he absolutely loved. He will be going back for awhile this summer. It is an awesome location in McKinney, Texas (Storybook Ranch) and I just found out that Diabetes Camp will be held here this summer too! 

I did get to see my grand-daughters over spring break and baby Ella spent the night. They were both very good girls. Ella is the funniest little thing. She loves to experiment with her voice. She slept through the night which was amazing because Lainie woke up twice crying because she didn't feel good and our alarm went off twice to check Amanda's blood sugars and little Ella just kept on sleeping. Timothy and Kathy made a trip to Austin to attend the music festival and had a great time.

Aaron got glasses and is so exited to be able to see clearly now! He looks very studious.

Thomas has been busy studying and playing his video games. He did have a friend spend the night and they took the telescope out so they could see the "giant" moon the other night. 

Johnathon passed his college entrance exams and will be starting Collin College in the fall. He is still planning on pursuing a career in Culinary Arts. He will be graduating from Wakeland High on June 4th and he is very excited. He has been very busy working too! He has been working 30 to 40 hours a week while going to school. He is planning on staying at Market Street while he goes to CCCC.

Amanda has been experiencing some very extreme low blood sugars which is a work in progress. It's pretty obvious she is low when she is trying to poke her finger with her flash light instead of the finger poker and then proceeds to put four contacts in each eye all the while I am trying to get her to drink juice and eat something. She did bounce back very well and has no recollection of what took place. We have had a few other incidences but not quite as bad.

Amanda's surgery has been scheduled for July 18th and she will be in the hospital for about week and her entire recovery time should be about 4 to 6 weeks....just in time for her to start high school. She will be going to Carter Blood to give a unit of blood to have on hand just in case they need it during the surgery. The doctor thought it would be best to use her own blood if the need arises. They will be placing rods in her upper back and the surgery should take 5 to 6 hours.  The doctor said she should have near complete mobility since it's her upper back.

We will be celebrating Timothy's 23rd and Arron's 8th birthdays this weekend. John and I went birthday shopping yesterday, after we had a much needed lunch date. John has been so busy working as usual. He worked 12 out of the last 13 days. I am looking forward to spending the next few days with him.

Joe has been painting in the house for the past two weeks. He touched up all the woodwork that needed it and then we had him paint the three upstairs bathrooms.  Then we had him repaint the three bathrooms upstairs because the big boss didn't like the way they turned out....yep that would be me! Things are shaping up nicely now and I am happy again.

I hear alarms going off and no one is getting out of bed to turn them off so I must go wake everyone up. Here are a few recent snapshots of the kids...

Audrey taking a nap at Nana's house.

Ella taking a nap at Nana's house.

Goats and roosters

Guest house

Very big tree

Old church

Western Town

Western Town


Barbecue pit

Bonnie and Clyde robbed this bank and I am not referring to our birds.


Barber shop


Fire Station

Saloon and Hotel

Old Church

Pretty view

Yep, these are horses!

One of the many party rooms on site

Main House

This says it all.

Aaron on a Jet

Arron riding Jet

Aaron said Jet has two speeds. Slow and very slow.

Aaron riding Jet

Aaron galloping on Jet

More galloping

Lainie found rocks

Lainie occupying her time
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I read the bit about Amanda aloud to Ian. Poor thing. I'm guessing the flashlight didn't work well.

    I can't remember which part of Holly's back was done, but I think it involved the lower back. It's good that she'll have much of her mobility when it's done. Plus, she'll have an interesting time going through airport security :)

    You'll have to give us pics of the bedroom painting. Did you paint over Aaron's tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the flashlight didn't work very nor did the multiple contacts in each eye. Her blood sugars level are doing better now.

    Aaron's tree is still there. :)

    ReplyDelete