Saturday, December 18, 2010

I need a holiday nap but I'm going to have to settle on coffee

We have been really busy with all the birthdays and holidays approaching! We celebrated Thomas and Lainie's birthdays last weekend. They seemed to enjoy the day. It was interesting decorating for a boy and girl at the same time, needless to say they are 12 years apart. I did half blue, with snowmen and half pink, with Hello Kitty. I will post pictures someday....not sure when my developer will give them to me. John has worked 16 out 19 days, so he really hasn't had much time to do anything. He is going to have a week off over Christmas. YAY!

Mom and I just spent 3 full days baking Christmas cookies and making candy. We had a lot of fun listening to Christmas music, reminiscing, telling stories, laughing and I did my fair share of sneaking cookie dough. We made all the family favorites!

We apparently have a Grinch in our neighborhood that enjoys cutting our lights. John spent an hour or more the other night rewiring the sidewalk lights and while we were at dinner last night, they were cut yet again! Everyone in our neighborhood had this same problem last year and they never did get caught. Last night John and I ordered a security camera system that we are going to install on Monday. It records 30 days of footage at a time and it can be viewed on the computer 24 hours a day. Our neighbors have one and they don't have any problems on their property. 

I took Aaron and Lainie to sit on Santa's lap today. Aaron told Santa he would like to have a hamster....first time mommy has heard about this. Lainie would not even get close to Santa she hid directly behind me holding on to my legs for dear life! She did take the candy-cane he gave her. :) 

Maybe next year....
or at least that's what I'll keep saying each year!

No comments:

Post a Comment